A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
~Yoko Ono

Friday, January 25, 2008

1,000th Visitor

I really enjoy writing this blawg.

But without being able to keep track of visitors, it might often feel like screaming into the wind. Well, some days it might feel that way anyway, but really that's another story. So while not quite as good as numerous comments [hint, hint, we really do appeciate comments], at least I am able to get some sense of where people are coming from and what they're interested in.

And tonight it was very gratifying to see the blawg's 1,000th visitor. So thank you my fellow Nova Scotian, whomever you may be. I hope you found something both useful and interesting. And that you will return for more.

There are still lots of topics I want to write about. Make that, there are still a lot of topics I will be writing about. And I may also be asking more and more pointedly for your help, gentle readers.

Because first of all, as noted by Kimberly, we can't do this alone. We need the assistance and understanding of the non-disabled community to move things forward. And secondly, something tells me that unless this community pulls together and lobbies hard, all of the hard work done by PLAN and others in regard to the RDSP, as just one example, will be for naught when it comes to individuals with disabilities in Nova Scotia.

The time is now to make our voices heard.

No comments: