By the number of Google hits for topics like the RDSP, RESPs for children with special needs and the Child Disability Tax Credit ... can it be backdated and are individuals with Aspergers and learning disabilities eligible to receive it, of course.
So while I contemplate my own income tax situation, I thought I would leave you with a few easy links:
- Learning disabilities and the Disability Tax Credit and the Caregiver Tax Credit(scroll down the linked page to see content below this post);
- The Henson Trust (always a popular query);
- The RESP for the child with special needs;
- The ever-popular RDSP (most definitely still a 'work in progress' in Nova Scotia); and
- Guardianship (an apparently popular search item of late)
Happy browsing, paper shuffling, hair-pulling and tax filing.
And may I suggest you try one of the computer-assisted* forms of making it through agony of tax season.
*No, I don't get paid to advertise their product. I just happen to like it.
Update: Article - Year 2007 Tax Benefits for Parents of Children with Learning Disabilities