A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
~Yoko Ono

Friday, January 1, 2010

Year in a Blawg

I thought I would try something different as we start the New Year. A nifty little thing I saw elsewhere in the blogosphere.

So I present to you ... A Year in a Blawg.

It's the first sentence (or maybe two) of the first post for every month in 2009.

January - Just so you know ... it's still not too late to take advantage of the government's 2008 Grant and Bond even if you haven't yet gotten around to opening a RDSP.

February - Yes, there are many, many things I would like to post about, including the remaining portion of that human rights and employment discussion.

March - I considered titling this post "Royal Bank RDSP SNAFU" but then decided that perhaps that was a little harsh.

April - Just a quick note to let you know about the upcoming Atlantic Caregivers Expo on May 9 & 10, 2009 in Exhibition Park, Halifax, NS

May - I mentioned previously that some interesting questions had come out of the RDSP Information Session put on by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.

June - Which is about how I've been feeling lately. There is a fair bit going on personally over here, not the least of which includes the battle to have my own child's EA hours reinstated for next year.

July - Posting has been light the last little while, in part because I have been studying Nova Scotia's new Civil Procedure Rules. Yes, studying as in there will be a test.

August -Okay, maybe not "in black" exactly but we are back with, at least, a few new tidbits to share.

September - I put off blogging about this particular issue because, quite frankly, it troubles me. I had hoped that discussing the matter with others in the disability community and taking some time to mull it over myself might help to settle my thoughts, but to no avail.

October - It was brought to my attention that some of my previous posts on the Henson Trust might have been a trifle misleading or confusing to some readers on the issue of whether or not such a Trust will work to protect the beneficiary's access to government benefits in Nova Scotia.

November - It's one thing to discuss the big picture of how things should work in the world of special education. It can often be quite another thing to attempt to navigate through that maze on the ground.

December - Continuing our discussion of the issues involved in a person with a disability executing a Power of Attorney (POA) in favour of the parent instead of the parent having to go through the guardianship process, I offer a few more thoughts on the limitations of a POA.
So now you know. A little taste of what this blawg has been about in the past year.

May you and your family enjoy a happy, prosperous and inclusive New Year.

No comments: