Check this out.
The world's first ultra-accessible family fun park/amusement park specially designed for children and adults with special needs. Grand opening is April 10, 2010, San Antonio, TX.
Morgan’s Wonderland ...All that plus Morgan’s Wonderland is free of charge to everyone with special needs. And designed for individuals (both adults and children) with a broad range of cognitive and physical special needs, it offers many unique features such as braille signage, a 3-D park model and a service-animal rest area to make the park accessible to those who are hearing and visually impaired.
Activities & Amenities include:
- Located at the former site of the Longhorn Quarry
- 25 acres in size, and is the first Ultra Accessible Family Fun Park in the world!
- 8-acre lake stocked with a variety of fish
- Controlled entry and exit
- Features RFID locator wristbands and touch-screen display monitors so parents and caregivers can keep track of family and friends
- Fencing around lake edge as well as security fencing around the park’s perimeter for added safety
- Specially designed air-conditioned/heated and oversized ADA-accessible restrooms
- 3 playscapes
- Train rides with wheelchair-accessible cars
- Ultra-accessible carousel
- Catch-and-release fishing
- Water cannons & remote-controlled boats
- Gymnasium (basketball, volleyball & tennis)
- Special Event Center for up to 700 guests
- Walk and Roll Path around lake
- “Around the World” – themed rest areas
- Water Works - water play area
- Off-Road Adventure ride
- Music Garden
- Swings (several types including wheelchair swings)
- Sand Circle™
- Sensory Village™
- Garden Sanctuary with Memorial Wall
- Several rest stops, picnic areas & pavilions
- 2 first aid stations & infant feeding room
- Braille signage, 3-D park model & service-animal rest area
- 2 gift shops
- VIA Transit Center
Go ahead and check out Morgan's story. But I would really suggest you watch this news story on the Park. Then you'll really get it.
Makes me want to pack up the family and hit the road south, it does...