A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
~Yoko Ono

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Perfect Summer Day

You might remember my previous post about Kilometers for Communication and 17-year-old's Skye's journey across Canada to raise awareness and funds around issues of augmentative and alternate communication.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a fan. I admit it.
Which is why I was thrilled to learn that Friday July 22nd, 2011 is the big day!

From 11:30am—1:30pm on the Halifax waterfront, outside the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. BE. THERE.

I'm not too pushy, am I?

Hope not, but then again, you were warned that we really need to give Skye and his family a warm Maritime welcome, weren't you?

To top off the perfect day, apparently Q104 will be on hand for some fun and free food! But as much as I love the words fun, sun and food in the same sentence, that's not the real reason to be there, is it?

For more details, contact: reneajoy@eastlink.ca

And be sure to check out Skye’s blog or, better yet, follow it and his journey as I'be been doing.

No comments: